STORAGE AND RACKING
- Customer was looking to store 20,000 pallets in their existing warehouse with a daily throughput of 2,000 pallets daily.
- Daily inbound volume was 6 to 8 containers (40ft).
- Customer had to accommodate an average total weight of 1,650kg for each pallet.
- Any new racking system will have to be installed in an operational environment with special attention to safety of customer’s workers.
- Tech-Link proposed the shuttle racking system that has the best storage density.
- We designed the lanes of each block of racking to accommodate 18 pallets deep. This is the volume for each 40ft container.
- We proposed to the customer purchase 12 units of shuttle carts to achieve their required throughput.
- We proposed to include the pallet counting feature in the machines for stock count.